Unexcused absences and tardies do not meet the above criteria for an excused absence and carry the following consequences:
- Two unexcused absences: The school will schedule a conference with the student and an attendance letter will be sent home.
- Five unexcused absences: School officials will enter into an attendance agreement and plan with the student and parent.
- Seven unexcused absences in a month or 10 in a year: The student will be referred to the student welfare and attendance office to file an initial petition with the court.
A student is tardy when he or she enters the classroom after the tardy bell and within the first 15 minutes of class time. It is considered an unexcused absence if the student is more than 15 minutes late to class. Tardies are handled in the following steps:
* 1st Tardy – Verbal warning
* 2nd Tardy – Parent is notified via e-mail
* 3rd Tardy – Lunch detention assigned to student
* 4th Tardy – Referral to the office for his/her total and discipline will be assigned. Parent is contacted.
* 5th Tardy – Referral to the office for After School Detention. Parent is contacted.