Ballots are due on Tuesday for Vancouver Public Schools’ levy election. Two levies—an education and operations levy and a technology levy are on the ballot. These levies are not new taxes. They will replace the levies expiring this year.
Voters should vote both sides of the ballot. Ballots can be dropped in the mail (no postage necessary) and must be postmarked by Feb. 12. Ballots also may be dropped off in one of the 24-hour drop boxes located in several Vancouver locations. On election night ballots must be dropped off by 8 p.m.
Depending on weather, on election day only, voters may drop off ballots at several school drop-off locations from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. However, if schools close due to snow or ice, these ballot drop-off locations will close as well.
- Anderson Elementary School, 2215 NE 104th Street
- Chinook Elementary School, 1900 NW Bliss Road
- Felida Elementary School, 2700 NW 119th Street
- Hazel Dell Elementary School, 511 NE Anderson Road
- Minnehaha Elementary School, 2800 NE 54th Street
- Salmon Creek Elementary School, 1601 NE 129th Street
- Walnut Grove Elementary School, 6103 NE 72nd Avenue
Due to forecasts of snow this weekend and next week, the Clark County Elections Office is encouraging voters to mail their ballots as soon as possible.