Any student who currently lives outside of Vancouver Public Schools’ boundaries but wishes to attend a VPS school next year may request a transfer starting May 1.

To make a request:

  1. Request a choice transfer request form from the home school district and get it stamped to be released.
  2. Bring the stamped form to the student welfare and attendance office at the Jim Parsley Center, 2901 Falk Rd., Vancouver, WA 98661. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Fridays.
  3. Requests are granted on a first-come, first-served basis. Approval or denial is typically based on space availability and discipline record. Special education student requests are forwarded to VPS’ special services department for approval or denial. Requests will be approved for all students accepted into magnet and language programs.
  4. Parent will be notified of the decision within 45 days. If the student is accepted, the parent fills out registration paperwork for the new school when ready to enroll.

The request is valid for only one school year. A new choice transfer request form must be obtained from the home district and submitted to the VPS student welfare and attendance office in subsequent years if the student wishes to continue attending a VPS school.

VPS also is accepting requests to change schools from students who already live within the district’s boundaries. This includes students who wish to transfer from one VPS school to another or to a school in a different district.